KiwiMonitor.com

Kiwi tools support Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:15 pm 

Ok, I'm a Pro. The purchase email has the same prefix and suffix as my profile email.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Sending you the new file over Personal messages.

The suggested set of rules: one condition to check if the app is over a certain amount of mem and an action to set it to a specified value (see included picture).
The example is set for windows calculator

Attachments:
File comment: Advanced rules
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg [ 115.27 KiB | Viewed 9459 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 am 

Thank you. Wow! That was perfect. I set it for 450/300. Looking at the ave mem graph, it went up to 480 then suddenly went down to 290 and rose gradually but stayed near 300.

Just curious. The max mem graph was consistently around 500M the whole time. Is that something that might trigger Microsoft's memory warning?

Rocky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 pm 

I don't know which file you sent to Symantec for whitelisting, but I had Norton check kiwi_setup.msi and Kiwi Application Monitor.exe. It still quarantines the msi for lack of data. Since the this is the first file Norton users will see, I would think this is hurting sales.

I told my Norton to trust the msi. Just trying to help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, I've send kiwi_setup.msi. This is the one on the server. But you get another one from RegNow (different file name). Maybe that has something to do with it.
Is your Norton updated?

Is there any way to search their white list?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:11 pm 

I rated your web site as safe. You can also go there and click 'site owner' to register your site.

http://safeweb.norton.com/

I also 'trusted' your file and submitted a false positive report on kiwi_setup.msi since the only issue was lack of user data.

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive

Thanks for your program. I hope this helps,
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you!

and thank you for the purchase.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:26 am 

Since I always run the Kiwi App Monitor before I run the game that chews up memory, I was wondering if I could simply run the game from Kiwi. In lieu of a run command attached to the monitored app, I thought I might set up a manual execution condition with an XX App Start action, but the elements details does not have a start folder setting, which is always the Kiwi start folder, and so it does not run. I tried setting up a shortcut with the starting folder, but Kiwi runs the exe and not the shortcut.

Any ideas? Thanks.

P.S. I have a program that will not start up minimized and I have do it manually every startup. I thought if you had a This App: Minimize (Maximize, Normal?) action, then I might be able to automate the operation.

Which brings up the final issue: I checked your 'run at startup' option and it shows up in the startup programs list, but either doesn't run or fails. I tried checking admin privilege options, but there must be something I don't understand.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 am 
Site Admin

To launch a shortcut just copy the link from the shortcut will all the swiches. Like this:
F:\Counter-Strike Source 2007\hl2.exe -game cstrike Than you can add only manual execution

You can manipulate running app's window with the following action: XX app (name): handle window. There you can set to minimize, maximize or restore.

The 'launch with windows' setting adds kiwi to the registry from 'Current User'. You said it is present there. Did you move Kiwi to another folder after that?
You can view this in Kiwi: Tools => Windows startup => Current user list. Is the path for Kiwi correct?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:18 pm 

I'll just address the Kiwi startup issue for now:

I'm using Win 8.1 so I don't know what other systems this applies to. By default, MS appears not to allow programs to run at startup that require elevated security rights. Those are the programs where the UAC message pops up when you run the program asking "Do you want to allow...etc." Even if you "Run as administrator" or set UAC to its lowest level so that the message does not appear, those programs will still not run at startup.

This is the workaround that I found:

Go to Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Task Scheduler and set up a task called, for example, KiwiAppMon pointing to the Kiwi Application Monitor.exe (and parameter /background). There are many important options, but the important ones of concern here are "Run with highest privileges" and "Allow task to be run on demand." There is also a trigger to run the task at startup, but guess what - THAT doesn't work either, so don't bother setting it.

Then, on the desktop, create a shortcut with the target/location:

C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn KiwiAppMon

Also, in the shortcut properties, set to run minimized so that the annoying Command Prompt doesn't flash on the screen when it runs. The icon can also be set to the Kiwi icon by browsing to Kiwi Application Monitor.exe.

Now, a copy of this shortcut can be placed in the Programs > Startup folder and it will run at startup.

If you know an easier way, I will surely listen. Thanks.