KiwiMonitor.com

Kiwi tools support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:47 pm 

This is probably simple but I need Noob help. I need to have a script run when Google Hangouts is up (which I use for business calls, instead of Skype). And then run a different script when it is closed. I don't want to run the script just when Chrome is up, because chrome is weird and is always running with its extensions. I can have it monitor an app's windows for "Google Hangouts" but it runs the script every minute. Second, I had a second condition that asked if "Google Hangouts" is not running and it also runs every minute when it is not.
(a) How do I stop it from running after it runs once?
(b) After Hangouts is closed, and it runs the second script once, how do I have it be able to run the first script again when Hangouts opens again?

I tried setting a global variable to 1 and using a sub-condition to look for that so it only ran once but it does not work. Maybe I am doing this wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hello

To run an Action only once you can set the: "Number of Cycles to be executed in" to 1 (from -1) in the Action's details (Edit Action).
But the use of Global variables should also work and give more options.